|The Aula Maxima is part of the original
layout of University College Cork and was constructed in 1847 to the
Dean and Woodward.
the request of University College Cork,
John J. O’Connell Architects were commissioned to advise on
the restoration and
upgrading of this important historic building. It is noteworthy that
the first planning application submitted concerning a
under the Planning Act 2000.
interior and exterior of the Aula
Maxima have been completely restored, using traditional materials and
where appropriate. The works consisted of upgrading the
services of the
building, including mechanical, electrical and audio-visual and IT.
Shortlisted for the RIAI Silver medal for
conservation in 2011