House is an exceptional Mansion House
designed by the great Irish architects Sir Richard Morrison and his son
Vitruvius Morrison circa 1820.
John J. O’Connell Architects were
commissioned to carry out a complete restoration of the interiors of
at Ground Floor and First Floor level.
Before this project, Fota House was only
accessible to the public on the ground floor and a small portion of the
Floor level was in use as offices. A key aspect of the
project was to
return the entire first floor to active use, with the most historically
significant rooms re-opened to the public and new offices with
facilities to be incorporated within the ‘servants
Particular attention was paid to
maintaining the original plan layout of the building, whilst ensuring
new interventions required were harmonious and did not have a negative
on the historic structure.
Fota House is owned and run by The Irish
Shortlisted for the IGS Conservation Award